Thursday 9 February 2017

Kale and Milkshakes

Over my last few posts I have been talking all about healthy eating. People talk about how children should not be eating junk food and only the negatives.

This post is different.

I want to tell teenagers that having a treat once in while is fine and will not damage your health.

The picture above is a MESSY MILKSHAKE. It is covered in white chocolate chips, marshmallows, whipped cream and smarties. My mum would call this a diabetic coma. Having this every day would be terrible it could cause illnesses such as type 2 diabetes or rapidly make you obese. However, having this once in a while is the complete opposite.

A balanced diet does not just include fruit and vegetables. It also includes some fat and sugar. People can conclude that it is ok to have sugar every so often. Especially if you are a growing child.

Unlike other children I love kale and sprouts and most other green vegetables. In honesty, I almost certainly enjoy these kinds of foods more than sugary products. However this does not stop me. 

When I am out with my friends or family or am at a special occasion I, like everyone else love having a milkshake or an ice cream sundae. And that is OK!

So if you are having a bad day or are at a party or occasion, then have some fun with food. Let the healthy eating go for a couple of hours, and trust me it will not cause any damage to your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcement!!!

EatTeen has gone onto youtube! the link is below so make sure to subscribe, like and comment on my first post of triple C cookies. Lottie ...